• AMVETS Post 7010: Established in 2014
• VFW Post 7010: Established more than 30 years ago.
• Town Breakfast, 1st Saturday
• 4th of July Parade and Picnic in the Park,
• All funds generated are reinvested in the Town.
• Both groups have resources to help veterans and their spouses access benefits.
• The groups provide volunteer labor for many Town projects.
Cowlitz-Lewis Fire District #20
serves Vader (Station 1) and Ryderwood (Station 2). An all-volunteer force of Firefighters and Emergency Responders meets all National and State requirements. There are currently 6 Firefighters living in Ryderwood and 2 Emergency Responders serve the District from Vader.
Interested volunteers should contact Station #1 at (360) 295-0906.
Ryderwood is a Firewise Community
Firewise is sponsored by the National Fire Protection Association. Co-sponsors are: USDA Forest Service, the US Interior Department, and the National Association of State Foresters. Communities Program is an interagency effort that encourages local solutions for wildfire safety. Ryderwood meets the goal of reducing the risks of wildfire by organizing clean-up and brush chipping twice a year. Ryderwood has been a Firewise Community since 2009. Visit firewise.org for information.
1923-53: "World's Largest Logging Town";
Since 1953, the Oldest "Planned Community for Retired Persons".
Ryderwood, Washington ~ "The Village in the Woods"
Our Fire District's 2017 Braun NW ambulance
Copyright © Ryderwood Improvement & Services Assoc., Inc.. All rights reserved.