1923-53: "World's Largest Logging Town";
Since 1953, the Oldest "Planned Community for Retired Persons".
The Town Served by volunteers
Ryderwood is a Firewise Community
Ryderwood, Washington ~ "The Village in the Woods"
The reason RISA dues ares only $35 per month is because nearly all of the labor for maintenance is performed by volunteers. At the going rate of $24 per hour for IRS In-Kind Donations, only millionaires could afford to live here!
Ryderwood Dance & Social Club
AMVETs / VFW
• AMVETS Post 7010: Established in 2014
• VFW Post 7010: Established more than 30 years ago.
• Town Breakfast, 1st Saturday
• 4th of July Parade and Picnic in the Park,
• All funds generated are reinvested in the Town.
• Both groups have resources to help veterans and their spouses access benefits.
• The groups provide volunteer labor for many Town projects.
Cowlitz-Lewis Fire District #20
serves Vader (Station 1) and Ryderwood (Station 2). An all-volunteer force of Firefighters and Emergency Responders meets all National and State requirements. There are currently 6 Firefighters living in Ryderwood and 2 Emergency Responders serve the District from Vader.
Interested volunteers should contact Station #1 at (360) 295-0906.
Copyright © Ryderwood Improvement & Services Assoc., Inc.. All rights reserved.